What is Plank Exercise?
https://starstuffdrugs.com/orlov.html Plank exercise is an isometric exercise which will build your abs muscles and will make you look like a “macho man”. It has been around for quite some time but a lot of people are still stuck with the crunches. Crunches are now a thing of the past and it has been found that there are plenty of disadvantages of this exercise as it can really damage your spine if you overdo it. And besides crunches are not only unsafe but they are ineffective as well.
The Right Method of Performing the Plank Exercise
Today, the crunches have been replaced by a more effective exercise known as plank exercise which helps to build the endurance as well as it strengthens your core. But what is the right method of performing the plank exercise? Following are the steps which will help you do this exercise effectively:
- Lie face-down on your exercise mat.
- Raise yourself slowly on your elbows and toes.
- Making sure that your back is completely straight and your body is in straight line.
- You will be required to contract your abdominal region to ensure that your do not fall on the mat.
- The goal of the exercise is to keep yourself up in this position for as long as you can.
- A small trick is to pull your belly button towards your spine and this will support the deep abdominal muscles and your back will remain straight.
If you have never done a plank exercise before, you may find difficulty in the beginning and for that you can begin with the modified plank exercise for beginners. Simply try to balance on your knees instead of your toes and then progressively move your way to the regular plank.
You will not be ableto hold yourself up for a long duration in the beginning as your body will start to shake but with few days practice you will notice a drastic change as your core muscles will improve and you will be able to hold the position for a longer period.